Employment OpportunitiesBack to Employment
Sr. Process Engineer, Inj. Molding (posted 9/27/2019)
Distinctive Plastics is the West Coast leader in Technical Injection Molding. Being a prominent molder in North San Diego County since 1981, our corporate focus is Technical Injection Molding Services such as Medical Molding, In-Mold Decoration, Multi-Shot Molding and Insert Molding. We have a fully staffed in-house tool room to service our technical needs. Currently we are seeking a Top level Process Engineer / Trainer for hands-on and supervisory duties.
Job functions and responsibilities:
- Work with the sales team to determine project’s feasibility, provide estimates of process parameters, and equipment selection during the quoting process.
- Work closely with program management during validation and development of certified processes using scientific molding principles.
- Supervise, train and Mentor the Process team on all 3 shifts and evaluate their progress.
- Hold regular training sessions for the Process Team and rate their progress for management.
- Work hands-on with the Process Team and Production personnel as needed to maintain and improve Production efficiencies.
- Writing and maintaining work instructions and training documents for the processing team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (plastics, mechanical or chemical is preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years hands-on experience with processing plastic injection molding machines.
- 3 years working with Medical IQ/OQ/PQ Validation Process.
- Experience in an ISO work environment.
- Working knowledge of various commodity and engineering grade materials.
- A working knowledge of Decoupled and/or Scientific Molding principles.
- Medical and FDA requirements.
- Multi-shot, IMD or insert molding processes.
- The Nautilus Program for Scientific Processing.
- IQMS ERP System.
- Robotic systems.
- Ultrasonic welding, pad printing and hot stamping.
- FDA work environment.
DPI is a very clean ISO13485 and FDA registered company with modern equipment (Toyo and Arburg), automation, overhead crane systems, friendly professional staff and an exciting and rewarding environment. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401K, sick pay and vacation and more. If you are an ambitious person looking for a great opportunity to work with an industry leader, we want you.
Please send your resume to HR Dept.
Fax: (760) 599-1918